Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Divorce

A YEAR
How has it been this long? Since that one Saturday afternoon that started it all? That one Saturday that seemed to fold, squish, and then finally, stomp on my life.
A YEAR
How is it possible to come so far? For so much to change-for everything to be different? Adjusting to new family, new homes, new friends.
A YEAR
Why is it that something can be such a blur but so vivid at the same time. Like time flashed before your eyes without hardly any of your knowledge, but it is still there. Each tear, each angry, confused thought impossible to forget
A YEAR
And though I am not sure about very much. I am sure that, although everything has changed, that my life has been flipped upside down, then right side up, then upside down again, I have a family where ever I am. I have friends who support and love me. And I have a church that even if everything else changed, will stay the same and will build me up, help me stand a little taller each day.
TIME
So now, I don't count years. I don't want to waste a time in confusion, in anger, or even in sadness. No. I will count each day that passes, and thank God for it. Thank God for the family, no matter how messed up it is, the friends, even if they are a bit crazy, and the church that is hard sometimes, but is better in the long run, that I have. That I can call mine

3 comments: